Basic Drawing & Oil Painting
This course is designed to develop and polish basic drawing skills and learn to paint with oils through a series of exciting assignments and activities. The course will help students learn the basic drawing methods and various painting techniques including colour mixing, blending, how to prepare a palette and canvas, drawing & paint from observation, portraits and still life.
Course Dates: 6th July 2021 – 26th August 2021
Course Duration: 8 weeks (16 sessions)
Course Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Course Timings: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 12,000
Developing an understanding of the characteristics and structure of objects.
Create atmosphere & mood in painting.
Ability to identify the elements of art and construct three-dimensional form on a two-dimensional plane.
Students will be able to:
Understand the nature of different mediums.
Effectively describe objects, figures and space through paints.
Improve hand-eye coordination and observation skills through life drawings, portraits, still life and observation.
Material and Supplies
- 2 Cartridge Sheets 20 x 30 inches
- 5 Newsprints 20 x 30 inches
- 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B, 9B pencils
- Charcoal stick
- Soft pastels
- Masking tape 1” thickness
- Drawing board (bigger than 20” x 30”)
- Flat brushes set
- Oil paints (Prussian Blue, Naples Yellow, Burnt Umber, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Cadmium Red, Burnt Sienna & Titanium White)
- Palette for oil paint mixing (large)
- Canvas (approx. 5 x 5 inches & 20 x 30 inches)
- Linseed Oil
- Painting knives
- Bowls (2, small plastic ones)