Mr. Nomaan Bhatti
This course explores the fundamentals of digital photography and covers how photography plays an integral part in today’s society. Through lectures, demos and presentations, the students will cover everything from the history of the still image to the workings of a DSLR. The course has been designed to introduce students to basic photography techniques as well as expanding their knowledge on photography. The main objective in this course is to instil aesthetic sense of photography and spark interest in a field that would challenge them and their creativity.
Course Duration: 08 Weeks
Course Dates: 06th June 2022 – 05th August 2022
Course Days: Monday & Friday
Course Timings: 4.30 pm – 6.30 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 20,000
- Understanding the exposure triangle: Shutter speed, ISO and Aperture.
- Understanding reflective light: Harsh light vs soft light.
- Instilling confidence along with ethics among students when taking portraits.
- Composition techniques
- Understanding ‘Natural lighting’ and ‘Studio lighting’
- Working with ambient light
- DSLR techniques
The student will understand the following aspects:
- Evolution and history of photography
- Aesthetics of photography
- Constructing & deconstructing a photograph
- Researching and working with concepts
- How natural light works and can be manipulated
- How to use the DSLR creatively
- Canon 1500D/3000D
- Canon 60D/70D
- Nikon D5300/D7100
- Sony Alpha A3000/A6300
- Prime Lens: 50mm 1.8 OR 85mm 1.8
- Zoom Lens: Wide to Zoom i.e., 17-50/18-125/18-200 etc. (NOT kit lens)
Please Note: Students can also purchase the camera and lens kit after discussing with the instructor in the first class which will be the orientation session