Moulage / Draping
Ms. Amina Jauhar
Draping aims at training designers with a specific technical skill. A technique widely used in Haute Couture for the creation of garments without the need of the traditional pattern making, helping to manipulate and amend the final look. The objectives of the course are aimed at allowing students to create prototypes through a direct approach to silhouettes, volumes and fabric in order to make a actual and innovative fashion design project.
Course Duration: 08 Weeks(16 sessions)
Course Dates: 13th June, 2022 – 4th August, 2022
Course Days: Monday & Thursday
Course Timings: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 20,000
The student will have command over:
- Understanding of women anatomy.
- Measuring and taping mannequin.
- Draping basic bodice.
- Handle the volume.
- Draping different dress forms.
- Transferring draping into paper pattern.
- Overcome the fear of experimentation.
Synthetic dyes (available at any dyer):
- 10 yards Calico
- 2 boxes of French pins
- 1 common pin box
- French curve
- Japanese ruler
- White thread
- Sewing needle
- Tracing wheel
- 5-8 A4 sheets
- Pencil (B)
- 2 offset sheets
- 6 Red and 6 blue flat ribbons (Reshmi Malar) can also be purchased at ITC.
Material Required for 1st Class
- Red and blue ribbons
- Note book
- Measuring tape
- Japanese ruler
- Common pin box
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Class 4
- Class 5
- Class 6
- Class 7
- Class 8
- Class 9
- Class 10
- Class 11
- Class 12
- Class 13
- Class 14
- Class 15
- Class 16
- Understanding body taking measurements and start taping.
- Complete taping the mannequin
- Start draping basic bodice
- Finish bodice draping
- Truing and marking the bodice draping, transferring on paper pattern
- Taping dress form with princess panel design line
- Start draping princess panel dress form.
- Draping continued from previous class.
- Truing and finalizing princess panel dress
- Circle skirt and variations.
- Bustier with circle skirt.
- Bustier with circle skirt continued
- Truing and finalizing bustier.
- Cowl, pleats, adding fullness
- Experimentation/ certificate distribution