Embroidery & Textile Techniques
The course is designed to develop an overview of textile techniques and processes engaged to treat the fabric in diverse ways to create unique surface manipulation and design. The course is designed for students who have little to no knowledge about the process of how the fabric can be treated in different ways. The students will engage with techniques including embroidery, stitches, tie & dye, off loom weaving and fabric manipulation.
Course Duration: 08 Weeks(16 sessions)
Course Dates: 7th June 2021 – 28th July 2021
Course Days: Monday & Wednesday
Course Timings: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 20,000
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify and explore textile techniques
- Understand and experiment with the process and techniques involved in creating textures and surfaces.
- Use of variety of mediums to embellish fabric
- Understand basic techniques of textiles in treating fabrics through studio practice.
- Understand the characteristics of different mediums and their effects on fabrics
Synthetic dyes (available at any dyer):
- Any five colors of your choice
Different types of fabrics:
- 2 yards Cotton (white)
- 1 yard Silk (white)
- 1 yard Net (any color)
- Leftover fabrics at home)
- 1 yard embroidery cloth (available at most stationery or embroidery material shops.
Don’t need to bring to first class. Teacher will instruct purchase)
- Any 3 colors of choice
- Embroidery Frame (8” or 10”)
- Embroidery Needles (2)
- Basic stationary
- A diary