The Associate Degree in Fashion Design at Imperial Tutorial College is a 2-year external program in collaboration with Nişantaşı University, Turkey. Students in their last semester of studies may opt to study at Nişantaşı University, Istanbul Campus. Students also have the option to convert this degree to a full-time Bachelor’s Degree by doing 2 more years either at ITC or at Nişantaşı as they deem suitable. The degree is awarded by Nişantaşı University, one of Turkey’s leading institutes.
The course offers:
- A guaranteed summer internship between Year 1 and Year 2
- Semester Abroad (6 months) at Nişantaşı, Istanbul Campus (Optional)
- Option to convert to a Bachelor’s Degree (2 additional years)
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 3pm
Next Intake Academic Year 2021
- Admissions for Round 1 are Closed
- Admissions for Round 2 are Open Now
- Online Application Submission Deadline: 12 August, 2021
- Admission Test: 15 August, 2021
- Classes Start: 23 August, 2021
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are as per Higer Education Commission(HEC), Pakistan Policy:
- Preferred subjects include English, Mathematics, Art, Design, Textiles and Science
- Intermediate certificate with minimum C grade (50% marks)
Applicants awaiting their results may submit their 1st year Intermediate result and Admit card of 2nd year or AS-Level results and statement of entry of A-Level exams. Such applicants will be given conditional admission and their admission shall be revoked if the above minimum requirement is not fulfilled.
The program combines Asian Heritage with the latest technological changes and an international perspective to meet the current fashion industry requirements. The innovative teaching methods mixing traditional lectures, practical workshops, personal researches, experimentation, peer to peer presentations and various visits, lead students to become creative and pragmatic, curious and analytical, imaginative and excellent technicians and prepare them to the possibility of an international career.
Career paths this course can lead to are: Stylist, Pattern Maker, Production Manager, Independent Designer, or even Fashion Director or Art Director.
Core Modules include:
- Basic Art Education
- Basic Textile Information
- History of Fashion & Art
- Introduction to Textile & Fashion Design
- Fabric Building Information
- Pattern & Aesthetics
- Textile and Fashion Design 1
- Mould Preparation and Draping
- Basic Sewing Techniques
- General Electives
Imperial Tutorial College is located in the heart of the center of city of Karachi on main Shara-e-Faisal on a purpose built building having its own architectural beauty and peaceful ambience. It’s a place to feel inspired to learn. ITC has a state of the art class rooms equipped with the latest technology and campus facilities including:
- Student Common Room
- Table Tennis & Pool Tables
- Music Room
- Excellent cafeteria
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
At the end of the academic year we will give students the opportunity to apply and be part of our young internship programs where candidates, after careful selection process will be given the platform to have a taste of work life.
|Admission Fee Payable on Registration||Rs. 20,000|
|Fee per Semester Payable on Registration||Rs. 95,000|
|Security Deposit Payable on Registration (refundable)||Rs. 10,000|