Graphic Design for Beginners
This course introduces students to graphic design intended to communicate information through analog and digital media. Students will apply aesthetic sensibilities to their work using up-to-date computer tools, and introduced two-dimensional composition, typesetting, colour, and rules for visual organization. Through a series of lectures, research, critique and in-class exercises you will be able to communicate creative visuals and understand the process of design.
Course Dates: 16th October – 22nd November
Course Days: Wednesday (2.00 pm – 4.30 pm) & Friday (3.00 pm – 5.30 pm)
Course Fee: Rs. 8000
Requirement: Students are required to bring a laptop with Adobe Illustrator Cs 6 or 7 installed
A4 sized sketchbook and pen
• Be able to understand the process of how visual design is created
• Put design into visual context
• Create 2D compositions
• Understand the importance of color in design
• Obtain and develop basic typographic skills that are essential for designing legible and readable text, and to become familiar with the vocabulary of basic typesetting including legibility and readability
• Learning Adobe Illustrator tools and functions
Abeera Khan has done her MS in Media Studies and undergraduate from IVS, where she completed B. Des in Communication design in 2013. She has over 3 years of teaching media and design and is currently teaching at SZABIST and IVS. Besides design, her side passion is skincare; earlier this year she co- founded PRIMARY SKINCARE, an online brand that provides its customer with local and clean skincare options.