Interior Design Diploma
Free Demo Class on 10th January 2020
Interior Design defines that it is a group of various yet related projects that involve turning an interior space into an effective setting for the range of human activities has to take place there. This course prepares students that how to manage, design, and decorate the interior articles in the better way.
- The course explores the concept of sustainability and how interior designers can apply sustainable attitudes in their practices.
- The choice of green materials, the importance of recycling, conserving energy, respect the site and culture, passive energy systems, are topics to be covered in lectures and class discussions.
- The course introduces the possibility of building for today and keeping resources for future generations.
- The role of the designer is discussed in maintaining and balancing the aesthetics and financial application while responding to the needs of the environment and society
- Apply theories of human behaviour to human-centred design solutions
- Apply the design process to generate creative solutions to complex problems optimizing the human experience within the interior environment.
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams respecting a variety of points of view and perspectives that enrich the process and product of the team.
- Communicate complex ideas clearly to specialists and non-specialists through appropriate oral, written and representational media.
- Exemplify accepted standards of professionalism and business practice including a commitment to engage in lifelong learning.
- Analyze interiors, architecture, the decorative arts, and art within a historical and cultural context to inform contemporary design solutions
- Synthesize theories and concepts of spatial definition and organization into multi-dimensional design solutions
- Apply theory, psychology and methodology of colour to designs of the interior environment
- Specify furniture, fixtures, equipment and finish materials to meet the design criteria for a variety of interior spaces.
- Apply principles of lighting, acoustics, thermal comfort, and indoor air quality as required to enhance the health, safety, welfare, and performance of building occupants.
- Produce construction drawings and documents using industry standards for a variety of interior spaces.
- Comply with laws, codes, and standards that impact fire safety and life safety.
- Employ environment-behaviour research methodologies to address open-ended problems in interior design.
CEO & Founder of FNS Interiors – She has Masters in Interior & Furniture Design from Florence Design Academy, Italy. She is an artist and enjoys visually integrating the interior with the exterior where possible; principally reflecting her client’s needs personality, individual style and existing architecture. She has a teaching experience of 5 years at leading art institutes in Karachi.