Introduction to Drawing Skills
The course is designed to develop and polish basic drawing skills through a series of assignments and activities. Introduction to drawing skills will help students learn the basic drawing methods and its various techniques including blending, rendering, drawing from observation, life drawing, portraits and still life. The students will be introduced to a variety of drawing media and will be able to identify the characteristics of objects they come across on a daily basis.
Course Duration: 08 Weeks(16 sessions)
Course Dates: 1st June 2021 – 22nd July 2021
Course Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Course Timings: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 12,000
- Developing an understanding of the characteristics and structure of objects through a range of drawing techniques.
- Application of drawing techniques and mediums to render the form.
- Ability to identify the elements of art and construct three-dimensional form on a two-dimensional plane.
Students will be able to:
- Understand the nature of different mediums.
- Effectively describe objects, figures, and space through a range of drawing media.
- Improve hand-eye coordination and observation skills through life drawings, portraits, still life, and observation.
Material and Supplies
- 10 Cartridge Sheets 20 x 30 inches
- 10 Newsprints 20 x 30 inches
- 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B, 9B pencils
- Charcoal pencil or stick
- Chalk pastels
- Colour pencils (Faber Castell)
- Masking tape 1” thickness
- Drawing board (bigger than 20” x 30”)
- Paper Cutter