Introduction to Event Management
Muhammad Fahad Usmani
Event Management is a rapidly growing field within the service sector not only for its recreational qualities but also for its power of communication. The great strength of this business sector is that a well-organized event is capable of satisfying guests and participants on multiple levels. An event is not only a diversion for its participants but a tool capable of unifying large bodies of people around a specific happening, and at its best around a specific idea.
With its multifaceted role, which includes planning, organizing, and execution, event management requires a thorough grasp of key procedures, such as forming an initial concept and targeting an audience through market research, as well as branding and sponsorship.
Course Dates: 2nd October – 25th November 2021
Class Sessions: 16 sessions (8 weeks)
Course Days: Thursday & Saturday
Course Timings: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Course Fee: Rs. 24,000
Events Management Certificate Program aims to equip the learner with a solid theoretical and practical foundation upon which to build an extraordinary life-long career and to gain knowledge and skills needed to excel at each stage of the event management process. The course will cover areas such as;
- Have a broad overview of the events management industry.
- Develop good communication and people skills.
- Conceptualization and Planning.
- Develop negotiation, sales, and marketing skills.
- Clear understanding and importance Event Research Process.
- Budget and Forecasting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operational and logistical management of events.
- Practical approach towards sponsorship and collaborations.
- Provide the highest quality customer service for clients and guests alike
Gain the skills and knowledge required to bring a concept to life and execute seamless, memorable events. Theoretical, Practical, and Strategic Expertise will be provided within a challenging environment to students in order to succeed within this dynamic field. The course will also teach the participants about the creative and business aspects of Events Management.
Determining the Purpose of Your Event
- Types of events for your business
- Need Analysis – What’s the goal of your event?
- Identify event industry challenges
- Understanding your audience
- Identifying the scope and size of the event
- Social verses business aspects
- The budget’s purpose and importance
- Budget line items
- Other costs to consider
- Keeping a budget on track
- Budget allocation
- Event revenue sources
- Understanding the concept of pricing and pricing strategies
- Setting up an action plan
- Assigning Tasks and getting people on board
- Creating a calendar and maintaining a schedule
- Breaking down event
- Outsourcing strategy
- Be diligent in details
- Have a contingency plan
- Surveying your event’s prime elements
- Creating a master plan
Developing a Concept and Proposal Developing
- Create a proposal for your client.
- Get your vision across to your client
- Handling direction from clients and understand their requirements
- Putting your needs in writing: The RFP (Request for Proposal)
- Writing a winning proposal/sponsorship
Getting Ready for the Big Event
- Identify the 5W’s (Who, What, Where, When, and Why) and How of an event
- Determining the theme and concept of the event
- Giving the event structure
- Identifying event prime components
- Working with vendors
- Staffing and hiring
- Safety, security, and event protocol
- What could possibly go wrong?
Market your Big Event
- Building and branding your event
- Executing your ideas
- Developing marketing and promotional strategies
- Maintaining message continuity
- Web-based marketing
- How do get a response?
- Considering and securing sponsors
- Formulating marketing strategies
- Writing a marketing plan
- Basic Stationery
- Laptop (preferred but optional