Introduction to Fashion Design
Ms Amina Nagani
Looking to learn the essentials of fashion design in order to experience the captivating world of fashion? Then look no further.
The program offers a eight week intensive course designed to maximize an understanding of technical and contextual knowledge of fashion within a minimum time-frame through hands-on studio classes enhanced by a supporting theoretical component.
Learning will involve the basics of pattern making, drafting, body measurements, sewing and fashion illustration.
Course Dates: 2nd November 2020 – 30th December 2020
Course Days: Monday & Wednesday
Course Timings: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 20,000
The student will become familiar with:
- The basic and required fashion terminologies
- International and local fashion designers
- Signs, symbols and annotations
The student will accomplish the following skills:
- Hand stitches and machine seams.
- Learning body proportions
- Taking measurements from the body
- Pattern making (bodice, tunic, sleeve, pants with darts)
- Sewing (bodice, tunic, sleeve)
- Rendering a basic croqui
Material and Supplies
- Three yards Calico
- Japanese ruler if work is in cm’s.
- Full metal scale 40 inches
- French curve
- French pins
- Clutch pencil
- Seam opener
- Measuring tape
- White and red sewing thread
- Sewing needles
- 6 Off set sheets
- 4 tracing sheets
- Zero Fusing 1 yard