Introduction to Film Making
Find one’s unique vision in telling a profound story through images.
Course Dates: 14th October – 5th December
Course Days: Monday & Thursday
Course Timings: 3.00 pm – 6.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs.12,000
Requirement: Students are required to bring a smart phone with a camera
A notebook and pen
Level: Beginners, individuals wanting to explore film making, build their portfolios or brush up their skills
Intended Learning Outcomes
• Comprehend the filmmaking process from idea to execution.
• Understand what makes a powerful image and how to create it.
• Identify quality scripts and how to fill the gap between the lines.
• Understanding a narrative structure and the value characters bring to it.
• The director’s primary tasks in dealing with cast and crew.
• Develop man-management skills and provide solutions to unforeseen dilemmas on set and on location.
Ahsan Ali is a filmmaker who graduated from Indus Valley School of Art & Architecture in 2014. Known for his attention to detail, he is involved in all aspects of filmmaking from producing, shooting & editing. He has worked on indie projects with minimal budgets to the biggest productions in Pakistan. Projects like, Coke Studio, Pepsi BOB, & two feature films. He is a co-founder of a production house, Shanakht Studio, under which he has directed TVC, DVC, music videos & award winning documentaries, which were featured on local and international channels.