Introduction to the Basics of Graphic Design
Graphic Design Practice is a definite part of today’s an advertising and communication culture. It’s a learnable skill that works as a tool to create dynamic and eye-catching communication design pieces using various printable mediums such as Posters, Brochures, Billboards, Leaflets, and Visual Identity systems to name a few. Graphic Design has a rich 100 + years of history and legacy to get inspire from and to adopt and adapt the rules, standards, and norms set over years by prominent designers.
This introduction to Graphic Design short course is highly customized for such students who have little to no knowledge about Element and Principles of Graphic Design and the tools which helps in producing digital graphics. This course also aims to emphasize personal visual language development, necessary for any advertising creative and designer. The training given in this course will be a combination of learning the basics of aesthetics, layout composition, and practicing digital tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop which ease and fasten the creative design process.
Course Duration: 08 Weeks(16 sessions)
Course Dates: 7th June 2021 – 28 July 2021
Course Days: Monday & Wednesday
Course Timings: 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm
Course Fee: Rs. 20,000
On successful completion of the module students will be able to:
- Identify design problem, design process and iteration techniques
- Develop elements and principles of design as their core vocabulary.
- Gain understanding of identity systems
- Demonstrate Digital tools – Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Design Various ATL and BTL elements
The student will understand and demonstrate the following aspects:
- Visual language development
- Elements of Design
- Line / Shape / Form / Color / Space / size
- Expressive Qualities of Elements
- Principles of Design
- Balance / Unity / Emphasis / Contrast / Rhythm / Repetition
- Relationship between elements and principles
- Color Wheel Usages
- Visual Identity / Logo Designing
- Visual Identity Application and Usage
- How to Design Posters, Brochure, Leaflets and Announcement graphics
- Each Class will start with a discussion / presentation.
- Followed by a practical demonstration and then a supervised completion of class assignment / task.
- Notebook / Sketch Book
- Basic Stationary